If you suffer from sensitive skin, then 2023 is the year to do something about it! The first step is choosing products that are all-natural and specifically designed to address sensitive skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea. The ingredients need to nurture your skin, allowing it to restore it’s natural balance, while empowering it to renew itself.
What are the best ingredients for a sensitive skin?
Before selecting the best organic and natural skincare products for your daily routine, you’ll need to consider what ingredients are actually going into the products – and therefore into your skin. Natural ingredients are by far your best option, but sometimes not all natural products are beneficial for a sensitive skin. You need to ensure that the plant extracts being used in your products are nurturing towards a sensitive skin. Here’s an example of some key ingredients:
- Rose: This extract has a harmonising power and is particularly beneficial to those prone to skin redness and enlarged capillaries. Rose extract will provide a protective barrier as well as soothe the redness.
- Borage: The blue-flowered borage, also known as the goodwill flower, consists of tannins, mucilages, and silica which soothe and fortify the skin.
- Anthyllis vulneraria: This helps normalise the complexion, regulating the skin’s oil production and diminishing the pore size.
- Jojoba oil: This is a gentle and non-allergenic ingredient which, when administered to compromised skin, can help reduce flare-ups.
- St John’s Wort: This ingredient is renowned for its many health benefits and, with its powerful flavonoids, is able to help protect the skin while soothing inflammation.
What are the best products for a sensitive skin?
Taking these key ingredients into account, and considering natural skincare products which have shown real results over decades, here’s a look at the best skincare products to use if you have a sensitive skin.
1. Dr. Hauschka Soothing Cleansing Milk
This nutrient-rich product, which includes Anthyllis, jojoba and almond oil, can be used as a morning and evening cleanser to remove makeup and dirt. It’s even a great alternative to shaving cream for men with sensitive skin. The product has the extract of fermented grains and bentonite clay to cleanse while calming the skin and reducing the appearance of redness.
2. Dr. Hauschka Facial Toner
The cleansing can be followed by an invigorating facial toner which creates a fine mist that refreshes and fortifies your complexion. The Anthyllis extract keeps the skin balanced and healthy, while the witch hazel extract supports tone and elasticity while refining pores.
3. Dr. Hauschka Soothing Day Lotion
Your sensitive skin will be soothed using this lotion composed of premium botanical extracts and oils. These include extracts of rose, borage, and lady’s mantle. This will enliven your natural skin process of oil and moisture balance, while reducing tautness. This lotion can also be used as a base for makeup.
4. Dr. Hauschka Night Serum
You can repeat the cleansing and toning process in the evening, followed by the addition of the night serum as an all-night care product. This oil-free serum will support your skin’s natural processes throughout the night, leaving your skin refreshed and radiant. The product formulation includes witch hazel extract, fragrant apple fruit hydrosol and apple blossom extract to support the skin’s natural rhythm.
Get the year off to a great start with the best in sensitive skin treatment products. Simply visit www.drhauschka.co.za for more information on these and other impactful Dr. Hauschka products.