From sunset cocktails and beach days, there’s a lot to look forward to during the Summer months, but make-up mishaps aren’t one of them! Whether you prefer full coverage or a natural look and feel, sweaty smudges and excess shine are pretty much inevitable when the temperatures start to increase. To make things a bit easier, we have put together our top tips and tricks to help keep your make-up looking pristine, despite the heat!
Start with a clean slate
Preparation is key when it comes to make-up application in hot weather. To ensure it not only sits well on the skin, but actually lasts – always start by thoroughly cleansing, toning and moisturising the face so that any excess oil or dirt is properly removed.
Use powders to your advantage
With the increase in humidity that Summer brings…no matter your skin condition, powders are now your friend! Instead of going straight in with your foundation like you normally would, we suggest applying Dr. Hauschka Colour Correcting, Loose Powder or Compact Powder FIRST. Creating a matte layer for you to build on and allowing the rest of your make-up to stay put!
So delicate, yet so effective – all of our Powders and Foundations have been specially formulated to blend beautifully together, leaving you with an even and flawless complexion after every use.
- Before applying eyeliner, use an eyeshadow brush to dust the area with Dr. Hauschka Loose Translucent or Compact Powder. This removes any oils you may have on your lids or lower lash, which may prevent the eyeliner from adhering to the skin
- Layer your liners – try lining the eye with the Dr. Hauschka Eye Definer Pencil first, then going over with the liquid liner to sharpen the edges. Layering these will also ensure that your look does not fade.
- Set it with eyeshadow – keep that liner looking fresh all day by using an angled eyeliner brush to go over your liner with a darker shade of Dr. Hauschka Eyeshadow. This will not only set your liner but also keep it completely smudge-proof!
To keep your lipstick looking sharp all day!
- Apply Dr. Hauschka Blush to your lips first, which provides a matte base.
- Use Dr. Hauschka Lip Liner over the entire lip area, rather than as just an outline.
- Apply your favourite Dr. Hauschka Lipstick shade, “kiss” a tissue to remove the excess and then reapply.
From our very own, internationally acclaimed make-up artist Karim Sattar. A flawless complexion is the basis of any Summer make-up look, and we’re here to share with you exactly how to get it!
With our easy and effortless tips and tricks, beating the Summer heat has never been easier!